1. Never spending time with grandpa while he was battling cancer. I missed out on precious moments, but being thirteen at the time, death and those hard moments were too hard to take. Who am I kidding, it is still REALLY hard to take. He had 5 months and in that time I watched him fight and still put a smile on his face. I lost out on many lessons and sayings. I wish I could go back and be a better grand-daughter to one of the strongest, hardworking men I have ever met. He was the foundation of our family and he held us together well.
2. Not joining a sorority in college. Not that it truly matters now, as I never finished college (personal choice) but I believe had I joined a sorority I would have thoroughly enjoyed college and maybe even taken it more serious and finished. Now that I'm headed back, I can't help but wonder do they let soon to be thirty year olds rush?
3. Always skating by. I often joke that my parents would introduce my sisters and I this way : " Oh Jenn, she is out academic, Taylor is our athlete and Krista, well she is the social one." You see, I was good at academics, but leaned toward the socialization aspect of school. I always have. College was the same, did someone say "FRAT PARTY?" The older I get, I regret not taking the time to apply myself to my academics, yes I am intelligent and retain information, however I wish I did better.
4. Blowing my money. This page turned when I was in college. All of a sudden I was making more money than my friends and I became the "don't worry I have got you" friend. People loved me, but soon I had an empty bank account and had racked up quite a bit of debt. And low and behold, those "friends" were no were to be found. They had moved on to the next
5. Rushing things. I am not a girl with a timeline.. Never have been, never will be. This may come as a shock, but I don't see the white picket fence nor do I see little doe eyed multiples of myself, so what in the hell am I hurrying for? I have a huge tendency to get really excited and push things to the limit and all of a sudden, I am left standing alone, wondering "why?" I need to slow down, I need to enjoy the simple things in life again. I need to stop listening to society and the timelines and limits they put on things.
Those are my BIG 5... Some may seem stupid but to me I think about them a lot.