Monday, December 31, 2018

Krista's Keto Chronicles- The Shopping List

Happy Monday everyone!  I cannot believe that today is the last day of 2018.  As fast as time is moving, I must admit, 2018 is another year I won't be missing,  Clearly it wasn't as tough as the later part of 2017, but the residual pain, hurt and heartbreak took over parts of this year and I am ready to move forward on a happy, better, lovelier note.

If you follow me on Instagram, you know I am an avid follower of Keto and I have had great success on Keto.  Admitting that I was 45 pounds heavier than I am right now is a shocker, but with Keto and exercise I am shedding the weight to get back to a healthy lifestyle.  Truthfully, I am not worried about the number on the scale, more about my healthy ability to do things and enjoy life.

The best thing about Keto is how amazing you start to feel and how easy it really is.  We all have the knowledge within us, we just need to apply to every day life.  Meal planning and prep is a HUGE way to succeed, BUT you don;t necessarily have to spend hours prepping and planning.  The key to being successful is to keep it simple.  Mexican food- no chips, no tortillas, load up on cheese, meat, guac and salad.  Italian food I choose to stay away from, unless I make it at home, but again, simple swaps- zoodles or spaghetti squash instead of pasta and home made alfredo is you BFF.  Bunless burgers, steak, chicken, shrimp, asparagus, cabbage, salads... The possibilities are endless and delicious.

Truthfully I live off of salads, steaks and veggies.  Pinterest has amazing boards chock full of recipes, but again I say, keep it simple-
Antipasto Salads
Egg Muffins
Scrambled Eggs
Sausage
Bacon
Chef Salad
Taco Salad
Vegetable Soup
Bone Broth (a must to prevent Keto flu)
Rolled deli meat with cheese

Here is my bare bones shopping list-

Produce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Celery
- Spinach
- Baby Greens Mix
- Caesar Salad Kit (Leave out croutons)
- Broccoli Slaw
- Spaghetti Squash
- Cucumbers
- Mushrooms
- Avocados

Frozen
- Cauliflower
- Zoodles
- Spinach
- Brussel Sprouts

Meat Department
- Organic fed steak
- Tri tip steak
- Organic chicken breasts
- Shrimp
- Bacon
- Sausage

Deli
- Sliced cheese
- Turkey breast
- Ham (research which has the lowest carbs, I prefer Black Forest over Honey)
- Salami
- Pepperoni

Dairy
- Heavy Cream
- Eggs
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Cottage cheese (if I am lazy/dirty Keto)
- Butter (Kerry Gold brand is BEST)
- Spinach Artichoke dips

Condiments/ Canned Items
- Tuna
- Olives (green and black)
- Pickles
- Mustard
- Salad Dressings (Blue Cheese- I make at home; watch the carb counts.  Caesar and Ranch are good go tos)
- Artichoke hearts

Cream cheese and butter are great to get your fat counts up.  Currently I am using My Fitness Pal to keep track of my calories, carbs, and fiber intakes.

Keto Coffee is another amazing tool.  It keeps you fuller longer, has MCT Oil and grass fed butter.

Strict Keto is less that  grams of carbs a day.  Remember you can deduct fiber from carbs if it is over 5 grams.

I prefer lazy Keto and stick to about 25-35 grams of carbs.  It works for my lifestyle considering I hit the gym 3-5 times a week.

I use this pad to help meal plan.

Let me know if you plan on starting Keto.  I would also love to hear what eating plans y'all are following for 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment