Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Christmas Movies I Will Be Watching

With Christmas in two weeks, we are fastly approaching Christmas.  There is nothing like a great Christmas movie to get you feeling the joy and giving of the season.

1. Christmas  Vacation- This classic makes my holiday every year.  From the one liners to Todd and Margo, this movie is nothing short of festive.  The past few years I have put it on at my parent's house while I help with the tree decorating.  Most of time, my dad and I end up just watching the movie and forgoing the decorating.

2. White Christmas- There is something about Bing, Rosemary, Danny and Vera teaming up together that creates a world in which you wish you could celebrate Christmas with them and the General.  Little known fact, the song "White Christmas" was actually written for the movie "Holiday Inn" starring Fred Astaire prior to "White Christmas".

3. Elf- Will Farrell is the king of comedy in my book so clearly "Elf" is one of my favorites.  He gives himself such an innocent and naive love of Christmas that you forget you are watching a SNL God who would dry hump things on television.

4. Home Alone- What can I say, it wouldn't be Christmas without Kevin and the Wet Bandits.  Last night I watched it on the big screen thanks to Harkin's Theaters hosting Christmas movies on Tuesday nights.

5. Home Alone 2-because obviously you HAVE to watch both!

6. A Christmas Story- "You'll shoot your eye out" has become a saying in our family ever since TBS and TNT switched off running this movie on repeat.  I believe they now run it for 48 hours straight between Christmas Eve and Christmas night.  With its lame 80's humor and that sweet leg lamp, who can say no?

7. Meet Me In St. Louis- This isn't really a Christmas movie, but Judy Garland in her red velvet dress singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" to a young Margaret O'Brien makes it perfectly Christmasy in my book. 

8. Christmas Chronicles - 20 million viewers tuned in to watch Kurt Russell rock his roll as Santa getting arrested during Thanksgiving week.  This movie is definitely perfect for everyone to gather around and get lost in.

And finally, because it wouldn't be Christmas without it, Die Hard.  After all, the movie is centered around a Christmas party.

Honorable mentions include the Hallmark channels, ION, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.  They are chock full of cutesy Christmas love stories that can be gag inducing at times.  But really, they just spread a bunch of Christmas cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment